Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Meditating at Niagara Falls








In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it.-Lao Tzu

It has been exactly 2 weeks since I have returned from my end of summer trip to Niagara Falls, NY. I find myself thinking the Falls at least once a day. I now understand why it is known as one of the "seven wonders of the world”.

A few weeks ago, I was planning a “quick and dirty” summer trip for Griffin and Pyper and I heard the words "Niagara Falls” in my head. Originally destined for Williamsburg, Virginia, I quickly changed plans. Honestly, I had never thought of going there before or wanted to go there specifically. Those who know me well, know that I am always guided by my intuition (or "inner voice") and it rarely misleads me.



To sum the Falls up in a word, mesmerizing comes to mind. Once there, you cannot take your eyes off the gushing water below you, the mist above you or the sounds around you. As I stood in front of the American Falls, I closed my eyes, cleared my mind and just listened. Amazingly, I found it quite easy to meditate in the midst of a large group of tourists. The energy that emanates from this place is very pure, good and clean.






Niagara Falls was considered to be a very sacred space to Native Indian tribes
who used the Falls as a meditation site because of its tremendous power and energy. It is also considered, by some, to be a place where past life regression, intuitive guidance and healing can occur.



The word that comes to mind when I think of the Falls is “abundance”…abundance of water, energy, vibrations, people and joy. The water keeps falling, is replenished and never runs dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment