Monday, May 2, 2011

Tapping my nights away (my love affair with Tong Ren)





About two months ago, after taking a class, I became obsessed with/about Tong Ren Healing (pronounced “Ton Ren”).  Tong means “Bronze” and Ren means “Man” in Chinese. This is not a bad obsession to have because it helps a lot of people (including me).


Developed by Tom Tam, Tong Ren is a form of energy therapy for restoration of health and vitality and is based on a belief that disease is related to blockages in the body's natural flow of chi (or “ki” in Japanese), neural bioelectricity, blood, or hormones. Tong Ren seeks to remove these blockages, restoring the body's natural ability to heal itself, even when illnesses are chronic, debilitating, or otherwise untreatable. It is a therapy for internally healing a patient's energy system by using the collective unconscious, as defined by Dr. Carl Jung. 




I, personally,  think of Tong Ren as a cross between Reiki and acupuncture. It combines the Western way of thinking and knowledge about anatomy with the Eastern way of thinking (that chi is the life energy force) to create a powerful type of energy healing. Just like long distance Reiki healing, you don't have to have physical contact, so it is also a great form of long distance healing. You do, however, have to ask the person you want to heal if it is OK to do so. You must have their (or their parents) consent.

It was reported that MIT and Harvard have done studies on the results of Tom's healing system and it has proven very successful even for "hopeless" cases.  Lately, the classes have drawn people with diseases such as MS, ALS, Parkinson's, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lyme Disease.



Using the Tong Ren doll (representative of the patient), the practitioner lightly taps with a small hammer on the blockage points which relate to the client’s condition. Each condition has a different set of points. It is thought that when the energy can move, the body will be healed.


Recently, I was told by an intuitive that I have "great healing abilities" (after studying Reiki and other healing techniques) and this person made me realize that I do NOTHING with it. So I decided if I do have some healing mojo, I need to use it. So, I have been doing this for myself and for others in need of healing every night while watching TV, a movie, listening to music or just relaxing. It feels good to be spending my time trying to help others. I can’t miss a night. As I mentioned, I am obsessed! And it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment